What Other Things Can you Do When it Rains at Disney World?
What other things can you do when it rains at Disney World? You've been looking forward to your Disney World holiday for months.
You've packed your bags, bought your plant ticket, checked into your hotel room, and are just about to go out and explore Disney World Park.
Then... it gets cloudy overhead and starts to rain. Uh-oh, your day's ruined... or is it?
Here are some activities you can do when it rains at Disney World, even if Mother Nature is uncooperative:
- You can go to other attractions that take place indoors. For example, you can watch the Lion King or the Little Mermaid show, go on the Animation Tour, visit the Tower of Terror, or go see Pirates of the Caribbean.
- You can still explore a park. The best ones to go to on a rainy day are Magic Kingdom, MGM, and Epcot Futureworld.
A lot of attractions at these parks are close together under cover.
- You can watch a movie at AMC Theater Complex 24 at Downtown Disney's West Side.
You're sure to find something you'll be interested in.
- You can hop on the monorail and take a tour of the resorts and what they have.
Just ask to ride in the driver's cabin and enjoy exploring the Polynesian, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian resorts.
- You can also take the free tour at the Grand Floridian resort or the Wilderness Lodge, always a popular option when it rains at Disney World.
- If it starts raining on you while you're walking along the Boardwalk, scoot inside one of the restaurants or clubs nearby.
You'll find family and luxury dining, sports bars, and a piano bar, among other things.
- Race a car, go golfing or skiing, or try other video simulator games and activities courtesy of the ESPN Club.
You can also visit video arcades inside the Disney World resorts.
- Create your own roller coaster ride at DisneyQuest. This interactive theme park is an indoor, weather-protected attraction at Downtown Disney's West Side.
You'll find great family entertainment here with games, simulators, high-tech rides, and virtual reality activities.
- You can also enjoy activities when it rains at Disney World!
Hop on over to Downtown Disney's Pleasure Island and enjoy one of their themed nightclubs, or treat yourself to a House of Blues concert at Downtown Disney's West Side.
You might also be able to catch some fireworks at Magic Kingdom or the Epcot Center.
They won't be canceled due to rain, and with more people choosing to call it a night or head inside, you can find a good vantage point.
- Of course, you can always choose to brave the weather and go to Disney World Park anyway!
Others will leave the park, which means shorter lines for you. So buy yourself a poncho, and have an extra pair of socks and shoes handy in case you need them, and take advantage of an emptier park.
Don't let rainy weather stop you from having a ball at Walt Disney World. As long as you have a backup plan, you won't skip a beat.
Always keep an eye out for other activities you can do, and you'll have a holiday you'll never forget even if it rains at Disney World.